The Blog Bum

confessions of a blog addict, speeding down the highway to blog heaven, enjoying the company of cool blogs at the blog park

Friday, December 01, 2006

Almost two months have elapsed since I took a trip to Cagayan de Oro City. There were several things that I wanted to accomplish by going there and in a way I got what I wanted. I had wanted to see Moira Trinity (Ira) again but this time, circumstances have not been ideal and our meeting was not really something to remember fondly although I like to think that somehow she will still be part of my life. Shit happens and it happens quite often. I do not know when things will be better again and I will have the chance to see her again.

Living in Dumaguete is like Paul Simon's song, I am a rock. I don't see anyone. I do not talk to anyone. The only thing I do is sit in front of my computer and try to make sense of an existence that happens mostly in my imagination and seemingly has the quality which is larglely dreamlike in that "I touch no ne and no one touches me, I am a rock, I am an island". The song describes my life these days. All does not happen in Cyber Space or my imagination totally because I do have some tea plants that keep me busy. I got these from Jessie who recommended taking it everyday. It does seem to be good for my asthma except for the fact that these tiny plants take forever to grow and I have not really enjoyed its wonderful qualities on a regular basis.

After almost two months, I have only drank this wonderful tea four days in a row owing to the fact that I cannot harvest the leaves for fear that the plants would get stunted and maybe die. Well, surprise, surprise. When I finally worked up the courage or maybe I was just driven by blind desperation to have my tea drink, and I harvested some leaves which I thought to be big enough and plentiful enough for about two cups, a few days later I noticed some tiny growth of leaves trying to replenish what I had cut.

Life is amazing. Tea plants are amazing. You can't really kill them by over-harvesting, I think. They grow back and even seem to thrive everytime you cut them for a drink.

Janis Ian sings of quiet desperation in Tea and Sympathy which I have lyrics to in Music Files. I have been busy making websites on various topics, trying to build an empire of resources where someone might stumble into and and peruse, perhaps to enjoy a visit or two, my feeble attempt at creating concreteness in a life which is prominently ethereal and dreamlike.

Business Finance, Cars and trucks, Computers and the Internet, Family, Food and Drink, Health, Home Improvement, Kids and Teens, Legal, Marketing, Online Business, Parenting, Recreation and Sports, Self Improvement and Motivation, Site Promotion, Travel and Leisure, Web Design and Development, Women, Writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

T-Mobile
Cell Phones