The Blog Bum

confessions of a blog addict, speeding down the highway to blog heaven, enjoying the company of cool blogs at the blog park

Sunday, October 22, 2006

I sometimes find it pointless to blog and write stuff which I don't think people are interested in. But then again, it is kind of therapeutic to be able to vent things that do not mean to anyone but you. People pay good money to tell their stories to psychoanalysts, therapists and psychiatrists who don't really care about the words that come out of your mouth. My life is not a bed of roses and blogging has been a reason for getting up in the morning.

Soulcast says "get paid to blog about your life" and it was fun for a while. I did not see any money and I seriously doubt if anyone did too. But I really thought that I connected with the people who blogged there. What bothered me after a while was how things just kept repeating themselves. I am talking about the profuse comments that came from the bloggers.and I am no exception to this. I repeat myself over and over again. You begin to know what the people were about and you could predict what they were going to say.

Every one has an agenda I think and it shows in the way that they write and in the comments that they make. I could say that the thrill and excitement went away. This is the way with thoughts. They go in circles and you get caught up in them. For a while, I was caught up in the numbers game. It made a difference to me when I see my page views rise and Itried different things and wondered what the numbers would be like. This became boring very quickly. Numbers are fun but getting caught up in them is not really all that exciting. One could always add another number to an existing one and what is the thrill in that?

More important is connecting with people but this too has its drawbacks. People are not perfect and you gravitate towards those that seem to be complementary to your way of thinking. This means really that there is something lacking in you which you need to fill. Really, this is just the way it is with electrons and people. Electrons fly off from their orbits until they find a welcoming ring that needs them for stability.

The problem can arise when you compromise with something just to get that something that you need from them and I am willing to bet that they are also willing to look the other way about your imperfections simply because you supply a certain something that they lack. Hooray for symbiotic relationships.

Ching Recommends visiting Dumaguete by way of Haresh-f's, H-frederick's and Dennis-b's Directories

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

T-Mobile
Cell Phones