The Blog Bum

confessions of a blog addict, speeding down the highway to blog heaven, enjoying the company of cool blogs at the blog park

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I have tried a number of free blog hosts and like everything else in life, there are some that feels good and some that one would rather take up another day. It might be because of some features that appeal to me or that it is somewhat easy for my level of expertiese. Some blog hosts which have too restrictive features easily cramp your style and more and more you long for the freedom that other blog hosts offer. Of the many blog hosts that I have tried, I find Blogger to be to my liking. This is purely a personal assessment based on my own personal biases. Other people might find other blogging hosts more to their liking and I am sure that they have way more compelling reasons for their assessment.

For one thing, it is very easy to set up a blog in Blogger. They give you all the help you need to get started and as you gain more experience, you find that help is easily available. I don't really have the stomach for hard-core HTML but I do just fine with simple stuff. I don't really need to do all the fancy stuff that one can do with scripts and this is why Blogger has been my favorite platform.

I recently had a chance to look at other popular platforms like Wordpress and the feeling I get is that is is a really powerful platform which is to say, one needs to really dig deep and get dirty to make the most out of it. Also I had the chance to take a look at PHP_Nuke and it is also a good platform. There are a number of other web platforms and Content Management Systems available and I guess one will just have to go with what one feels the mostcomfortable with.
----0000----
The Blog Park has more cool blogs. Visit these pages:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

T-Mobile
Cell Phones